Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"

Article about: Hello again everyone. Came across this set at a local antique shop. Does it appear period correct? There are no visible markings inside, my initial guess is it's private made. Thoughts? Than

Default Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"

Hello again everyone. Came across this set at a local antique shop. Does it appear period correct? There are no visible markings inside, my initial guess is it's private made.

Thoughts?

Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"Thoughts on this "US WWI Grouping"

Thanks!

Looks ok to me with the pictures you have provided.
    How much?? if don't mind me asking...

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Looks ok to me with the pictures you have provided.
    How much?? if don't mind me asking...

John
    Thanks John. It's listed for $375 USD.

I really do like this set. The only wear really was on the liner, and 1 missing button (the right pocket button is in the pocket). There's a rather nice officer's great coat that I'll most likely add to the set as well. I'll post some pics of that as well once I take em!

Interesting uniform set-almost certainly private tailor produced. Is there a unit patch on the left shoulder-or any signs of one having been there?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not a bad price. I have a grouping myself. I kinda like that era. plus it is 100 years old.
    John
    Quote by electricdigger View Post
    Thanks John. It's listed for $375 USD.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting uniform set-almost certainly private tailor produced. Is there a unit patch on the left shoulder-or any signs of one having been there?
    Aside from the collar 83rd Infantry Officer collar insignia, no indication of actual action or unit patch. There is quite a bit of obvious sweat marking / wear on the inside. Specifically around the armpits, so it was worn no doubt. Nothing gross or anything, just slight discoloration in that area. t's a nice heavy grouping, good quality construction at that as well. I didn't inspect the breeches at length, as I didn't want to disturb the mounting. From what I did see, they are also in great shape. No moth damage that I could see.

The 83rd it seems were a late deploy (June 18'). Some saw action, others not. I came across the following video showing some training (there is a part 2 as well). I certainly wish I could find a similar clip regarding my great grandfather's 16th field artillery!