Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on USMC white diamond patch

Article about: I have a set of 1942-43 Marine Service Dress with a white diamond patch on the right shoulder. If I understand correctly the white diamond signifies an honorable discharge before the adoptio

Default Thoughts on USMC white diamond patch

I have a set of 1942-43 Marine Service Dress with a white diamond patch on the right shoulder. If I understand correctly the white diamond signifies an honorable discharge before the adoption of the “ruptured ducK”. I think this patch is original but added much later due to the color of the thread. Anybody have any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on USMC white diamond patch   Thoughts on USMC white diamond patch  

Thoughts on USMC white diamond patch   Thoughts on USMC white diamond patch  

?

I found some info on another site.PM sent.

Mods if you think this would be appropriate to post the link here ,Let me know.

I'm not the best person to ask about being appropriate or PC!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

You are correct, it was used pre-Ruptured Duck. Can't talk speak on when it was sewn on, though

?

The link was to USMF!
    I saw your reply there Brig.
    I thought the stitching looks similar to example shown there.

Semper Fi
    Phili
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-07-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Thanks folks! So I was correct in that it’s pre’45ish. And I agree AZPhil stitching does look almost the same as the link you sent. Thanks again.
    Semper Fidelis.

?

I believe it was actually earlier than 45, these are so tough to tell. Not sure why it appears there is a box stitched around the outside of it. The jacket is 43 dated so I'd say sometime around then. Usually you see these sewn towards the cuff.