Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

trying to date US officers jacket

Article about: Hi I got these two jackets awhile ago now the enlisted man jacket is dated 1959 but the officers jacket which is a slightly different cut is not dated . What I'm trying to work out is the of

Default trying to date US officers jacket

Hi I got these two jackets awhile ago now the enlisted man jacket is dated 1959 but the officers jacket which is a slightly different cut is not dated . What I'm trying to work out is the officers jacket more modern or older then the enlisted man jacket ? the enlisted man jacket says it is a 57 pattern jacket the other has no such information on the labels . just a ink stamp I'm guessing it is more modern because it is polyester/wool and the enlisted mans is 100% wool . Although the officers seems older to look at and the differences might just be the makers ??? any info and opinions would be great .
    cheers
    matty

trying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jacket

Hi, it is also dated......
    DSA-100-67-C-4674.........

The 67 stands for the year of manufacture, its Vietnam period

Agreed-obviously Viet Nam era. By the way, what makes you identify this jacket as an Officer's? From what I can see, it looks to be your standard Army Dress Green uniform?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks guys and William It was being sold as one the only difference I could really see was the black strips around the cuff so I assumed it was . I really have no idea just liked the price of them so I grabbed them .So it is just a standard enlisted mans jacket then ??

If you go by only the cuff stripe, it's a standard Class A Dress Green Officer's tunic-unfortunately, without any rank insignia or name written inside anywhere, that's about as far as you can go in identifying it. As you say, about the only real difference is just the one small cuff stripe on the sleeves. It's still a nice tunic, in any case, and the nice thing about it being, without any insignia on it, you can trim it out to just about any manner you choose!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks again william for you info got some of these patches a few weeks ago off a guy I bought a beret off I think most are vietnam era some I got from an old tin about 6 months ago with a heap of ww2 and earlier british australian buttons and insignia so some might be earlier . just wondering if any of these would be good to use ??? I'v put a picture of the beret up too it is a dark green . Looks black on the photo though No markings in it but the price was right so I thought why not .
    trying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jackettrying to date US officers jacket

?

officers had them first, we had to buy it to get discharged in Jan 59