Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to identify leather coat

Article about: Hi folks, I have a leather, 3/4, double breasted coat that I believe is WWII vintage. The person I bought it from thought it might be Dutch MP. There are no labels, but there are details tha

Geoff Keyes
    ?

Default Trying to identify leather coat

Hi folks,

I have a leather, 3/4, double breasted coat that I believe is WWII vintage. The person I bought it from thought it might be Dutch MP. There are no labels, but there are details that might be identifiable by someone more expert than me (pretty much everyone). The material is either horsehide or heavy cowhide. The lining is a coarse wool, except for the sleeves which are lined in a heavy rayon or acetate twill. The belt is missing, but there is a chest belt that fastens to a ring. The buttons are replaced (I'm pretty sure). I wore it for a number of years, but it no longer fits me and I'm looking to identify it so I can sell it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to identify leather coat   Trying to identify leather coat  

Trying to identify leather coat   Trying to identify leather coat  

Default Re: Trying to identify leather coat

I'm afraid I have no idea on its origin but it looks very well made and a beautiful coat. This is a random guess but it could possibly be a private purchase overcoat not sure what country it's from though