Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

type b15 jacket orignial ?

Article about: I have spent a lot of time to figure out of this is original ww2 issued or not. I don't know if it's a civilian made one or what, can anyone please help me think. I paid 40 bucks for it so h

Default type b15 jacket orignial ?

I have spent a lot of time to figure out of this is original ww2 issued or not. I don't know if it's a civilian made one or what, can anyone please help me think. I paid 40 bucks for it so hopefully I didn't rip my self off type  b15 jacket orignial ?type  b15 jacket orignial ?type  b15 jacket orignial ?type  b15 jacket orignial ?type  b15 jacket orignial ?

For the price you cannot go wrong.

It is almost 30 years since I collected US kit. Back then copies were not made.

The material and zip look correct to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the response. I'm starting to feel a little better now

I'm not positive of this being a military issue B-15. Generally the tag should also say "U.S. Army Air Forces" or another iteration at the bottom and often with the manufacturer name. The lining also doesn't look correct for a flight jacket.

I know that almost immediately post-war these were produced for the civilian market. These did not include the AAF decal on the left sleeve, where yours does have it (although it seems a bit more worn than the rest of the jacket). Also, the Talon zipper is usually a good sign for the period.

I'm curious to see what others may think.

Can you take a full on picture of the reverse?

Yes, later today I can. From what I have seen on the Internet it doesn't share the same liner or tag but it has the look. Crappy photos but later today I'll take one

type  b15 jacket orignial ?here is the picture

MAP
    ?

Shouldn't the decal be more like this (this is from a summer flight suit). Or maybe there were variations. I'm not well verses in this so just showing as point of reference. I've also added a makers label for reference as well (once again, from a summer flight suit)

type  b15 jacket orignial ?type  b15 jacket orignial ?type  b15 jacket orignial ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

what im wondering should it have a contract number on it

I'm liking it, I don't have one myself but I do have a bunch of USAAF kit and for me I'm thinking it's post war (green buttons) do the zips have "made in USA"? - good sign for WW2

Here is a picture of the QM specs for the B-15. I had asked about the reverse because there should be two seams, about 6 inches in length, near the shoulder blades.

type  b15 jacket orignial ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast