Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Technicians uniforms,all name to one guy

Article about: Hi, I bought these this past year at ww2 weekend in Reading,Pa. Thought these were interesting and would share. I found his obit on the web. H. Paul Bohlander, a 60 year resident of North Hi

Default U.S. Technicians uniforms,all name to one guy

Hi,
    I bought these this past year at ww2 weekend in Reading,Pa. Thought these were interesting and would share. I found his obit on the web.

H. Paul Bohlander, a 60 year resident of North Hills, Abington Township, died Saturday, Jan. 30, 2010, at Artman Lutheran Home, Ambler. He was 90.

He was the husband of Eunice Bohlander. They were married 65 years on Aug. 12, 2009.

Born Aug. 30, 1919, in Lakewood, Ohio, he was the son of the late Oliver J. and Mabel (Higgins) Bohlander.

He grew up in Fremont, Ohio, and went to Valparaiso Institute, a two-year radio school in Valparaiso, Ind., where he got his amateur radio license in 1941 with call letters W8VVS.

In 1941, he worked at WMRN in Marion, Ohio, as an on-air person when news came over the wire of the Pearl Harbor attack.

He worked for Philco Corp. as a technical representative in the Pacific theater during World War II with Marine Aviation Squad VMSB-331

After the war, he was a technical writer in Philco's technical publications group, and also worked for Jerrold/General Instruments (now Motorola).

He was a member of Carmel Presbyterian Church in Glenside, for more than 50 years, where he was a former deacon.

He loved ham radio, and restoring antique radios. He was a member of Amateur Radio Relay League, Marine Corps League, Antique Wireless Assoc., and Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club for 50+ years.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by his sons, Fred Bohlander (Sharon) of Ardsley and Tom Bohlander (Nicole) of Quakertown; grandchildren, Fred Jr., Lori, and Peter; and great-grandchildren, Victoria and Josephine.

Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 6, at Carmel Presbyterian Church, 100 Edgehill Road, Glenside, PA 19038, with visitation from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the church. Interment will be held privately.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to PMRC Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 88, Abington, PA 19001 or Carmel Presbyterian Church at the above address. John R. Freed Funeral Home,

Glenside

Jason

Default Re: U.S. Technicians uniforms,all name to one guy

A fantastic set. It's a shame you never got to meet him. If you are ever in Western PA shoot me a message and I will tell you where to go hunting.

Very interesting and unusual uniforms.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    A fantastic set. It's a shame you never got to meet him. If you are ever in Western PA shoot me a message and I will tell you where to go hunting.
    Thanks,
    I'm planing one day to get to the max show in Pittsburg.

Jason

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very interesting and unusual uniforms.

Cheers, Ade.
    The oversea hats came with each uniform, but no device is on them. I do have a U.S. Technician visor hat that I bought some time before buying these uniforms. Someone cut out the eagle.
    U.S. Technicians uniforms,all name to one guyU.S. Technicians uniforms,all name to one guy

Jason

?

Really great uniform and cap.
    As you well know very rare. The cap is a WOW.
    Steve