Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Un identified British Nurses Corridor Cape

Article about: I picked up this nurses cape this morning, it's made of a fine khaki wool similar to great coat material: One of the two cross straps has a tailor's label: There is a small pocket on the ins

Default Un identified British Nurses Corridor Cape

I picked up this nurses cape this morning, it's made of a fine khaki wool similar to great coat material:
    Un identified British Nurses Corridor CapeUn identified British Nurses Corridor CapeUn identified British Nurses Corridor Cape
    One of the two cross straps has a tailor's label:
    There is a small pocket on the inside:
    And the collar has a distinctive wavy stitch pattern:
    As is often the case there is evidence of patches being sewn into the lining, just two remain now:
    Un identified British Nurses Corridor CapeUn identified British Nurses Corridor Cape
    Can anyone identify which nursing service might have used this cape? It looks private purchase to me so possibly an officer's Cape...I am struggling to find a match though as most of the nursing groups seem to have had their own distinctive capes that don't match this one.
    Thanks
    Ed
    Last edited by Warspite; 07-28-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Hi Ed, (great name by the way)
    Hopefully someone can help you with this, i have always found nursing items a minefield.
    I have in the past contacted the following website to ask about various items, and they are very knowledgable and helpful, sometimes referring me to different websites/groups that may know.

It may be worth a try if no one in the WRF can help here.
    heres a link incase:

Home - Scarlet Finders

good luck
    kind regards
    Ed