Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Gaiters

Article about: Can anybody shed any light on these gaiters? Well worn examples but I cannot find them in my books or the web. No markings visible. Roger

Default Unknown Gaiters

Can anybody shed any light on these gaiters? Well worn examples but I cannot find them in my books or the web. No markings visible.

Roger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Gaiters   Unknown Gaiters  

Hi Roger, they have me stumped! Three straps and buckles suggest a real heavy duty use to me, rather than just keeping your trouser legs in order? Could they be Land Army/private purchase rather than "strictly military"? Certainly would stop the corn from slipping up your trouser leg! Just a thought. Leon.

Thanks Leon,
    Any chance they could be German ? I picked them up with a German M35 Map case.

I guess it is possible, maybe desert use, Afrika Korps or the like, when you would be in an arena where you would not want to use jack boots. Was the map case tan or faded? Leon.

I still cant find anything like them so as you say must be private purchase. They will have to go in the box of the great unknown for the moment.

Map case is by Sachs & Deisselberg Hamburg dated 1938.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Gaiters   Unknown Gaiters  

Unknown Gaiters