Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual WWII US Army Coat info request

Article about: Hope someone can assist me in identifying this US coat as I can find no reference or photos of it. Looks like a M1941 field jacket in material, full wool lining, zipper and light brown butto

Default Unusual WWII US Army Coat info request

Hope someone can assist me in identifying this US coat as I can find no reference or photos of it. Looks like a M1941 field jacket in material, full wool lining, zipper and light brown buttons but is longer. Has waist adjusting belt attached but there is only a size label showing 38L. Any advice or comments are appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual WWII US Army Coat info request   Unusual WWII US Army Coat info request  

Unusual WWII US Army Coat info request   Unusual WWII US Army Coat info request  

Gee that's funny, nobody knows?

Ahh it's the Jacket, Field, OD, Arctic, blanket lined lengthened M41 style - wish I had one but I do have a couple of pairs of kersey lined trousers that go with this jacket. Trousers look identical to the summer set on the out side. Jacket was replaced by the M43.

Here's a link with some in wear

90th IDPG At The Front Arctic M41 Jacket

?

Nice ID Rene'
    Hopefully you get the Thank You that is deserved

To the OP, nice jacket in excellent shape.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Rene', thanks for the information on this jacket and the construction of it as well as the photo. Had me stumped as there was no tag other than size. Interesting that the GIs wearing web gear make it look short, but the one without gear gives it the length. Regards,
    Bruce

Not a problem Bruce