Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot

Article about: Another AAF tunic I acquired recently, from the same source as the two 8th AAF tunics (a local dealer), but this jacket wasn't one that came from the Belgian collector who picked the others

Default US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot

Another AAF tunic I acquired recently, from the same source as the two 8th AAF tunics (a local dealer), but this jacket
    wasn't one that came from the Belgian collector who picked the others up just after the war, I think this was from another
    source who traded it, but a lovely summer tan tunic for a senior pilot, who served with the 10th AAF (the 10th served in Australia,
    India and Burma during WW2), they originally flew B-17E's with the 7th Bombardment Group, and later flew B-24's.

I have a lovely tan crusher to go with this one (it wasn't originally with the jacket) but it does go nicely with it.
    (I posted some further photos of the crusher cap in the headgear section).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot   US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot  

US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot   US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot  

US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot   US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot  

I meant to add his rank too, it is badged for a USAAF Lt. Colonel.

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot  

Another nice tunic! Nice set of senior pilots wings. I'm partial to the officer summer tunics.

Thanks again !

I just took the wings off the tunic for some photos, was hoping that they would be maker marked, but
    nope, entirely unmarked on the back.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot   US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot  

US 10th AAF summer tan officer 4 pocket tunic for senior pilot