Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt

Article about: I would like to know if these items are war or post-war prouction?

p37
    ?

Default US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt

I would like to know if these items are war or post-war prouction?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt   US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt  

US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt   US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt  

US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt   US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt  

Default re: US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt

I may be wrong, and others with far greater knowledge than I will probably chime in, but I believe the jacket is post war.

Is there a tag inside one of the inside pockets?

I think the jacket is private purchase. The shirt might have a tag in it with the date of manufacture.

?

These are both original, the jacket is standard issue, the date should be on the inside pocket of the tag that will show if the jacket is ww2 or postwar

Can't say for sure on the patches but the Corporal was cheeky obtaining officers kit

Looks like a wartime officers ike jacket I think, which means that there will most likely be no date. Generally dated QM tags are on EM uniforms only.
    Also post war jackets have waist buttons instead of tightening straps and a double snap instead of one big button /snap on the bottom of the front opening.

p37
    ?

Thanks friends for answers. I bought this jacket and I have it in my hand now. A seller didn't write anything about tags. And suprise... on the inside pocket I found a tag with the date.US 1st Armored Division Ike Jacket and wool shirt

Nice I have not seen an officers with a tag before