Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US 4th Infantry Division Tunic, help needed!

Article about: Hey guys completely new to US stuff as I mainly collect Third Reich items. Anyway i have seen all of this for sale for \\$50, i take it its a good price? Also I would like to do a mannequin di

Default US 4th Infantry Division Tunic, help needed!

Hey guys completely new to US stuff as I mainly collect Third Reich items. Anyway i have seen all of this for sale for $50, i take it its a good price? Also I would like to do a mannequin display and i was just wondering if any of you guys can help me out, perhaps you have period photos or your collection of a complete uniform including with this tunic. I have heard this division was in the D-Day landings so perhaps i could go for a D-Day theme but what would i need to make a complete uniform to match this tunic, i was thinking about having a mannequin wearing a complete uniform with this tunic and having him holding a 'captured' Nazi flag
    Thanks, Glen. Please just throw me all your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 4th Infantry Division Tunic, help needed!  

?

Default re: US 4th Infantry Division Tunic, help needed!

It is a good early 4 pocket.
    The 4th was at Utah beach.
    The uniform that would have been worn during D Day would have been a model 41 field jacket, wool shirt, wool pants, OD under shirt , low top boots with leggins or double buckle boots, ammo web belt, canteen, wound bandage pouch on web belt and back pack with fixed bail steel helmet and liner.
    Thats all I can think of at the moment.

I have a set up here on this post Various uniform display

WOW Steve you knowledge is astounding and Rene you have a magnificent display. So could the tunic above seen any combat action or do you think its for parade or home use?
    Thanks, Glen.

?

This would not be used in the field it would be used at like parties or formal gatherings or just outside walking around in town. They were put in like duffel bags amd would be carried around for those purposes as like dress clothing. These jackets were so popular that they were later replaced by the ike jacket.
    Ryan

?

Also the ruptured duck patch that you have on the bottom is the The Honorable Discharge patch that wwII service men would wear on the dress coats to show that they were honorably discharged later on or after the war. Here is an example of what it would look like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 4th Infantry Division Tunic, help needed!  

Default Re: US 4th Infantry Division Tunic, help needed!

Yes as posted the four pocket tunic is for dress only unlike german tunics that are used in combat. The ruptured duck as stated would mean that you couldn't really make a war time display with it but that is a nice tunic and 50$ is ok since it is 4th Id and has patches and etc.