Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US 77th Infantry Division Uniform Question

Article about: Hello All! I have my eye on a US WW2 uniform and wanted to make sure it was correct. What sticks out to me is that on most other similar uniforms the Division shoulder patch is on the left s

Default US 77th Infantry Division Uniform Question

Hello All! I have my eye on a US WW2 uniform and wanted to make sure it was correct. What sticks out to me is that on most other similar uniforms the Division shoulder patch is on the left shoulder. Also, does it make sense that a soldier would have an American Campaign, Asiatic Pacific Campaign and a Philippine Liberation ribbon? This is listed by a fairly reputable dealer on here and is listed as original and the way it was worn.

This would be my fist uniform purchase and any comments you may have would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: While doing some more research I realize now that a Division patch on the right shoulder means that person was assigned to that unit during combat deployment.

US 77th Infantry Division Uniform QuestionUS 77th Infantry Division Uniform QuestionUS 77th Infantry Division Uniform Question

Default re: US 77th Infantry Division Uniform Question

Glad you did your homework. 10 out 10

Looks a good original item. Corps of Engineers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you, again, for your advice Ade! Much appreciated.

This is all fine,have a go it looks sweet to me!

Thank you as well fallschirmjager!

He would have been a member of the 302nd Engineer Battalion.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: US 77th Infantry Division Uniform Question

Thank you for the additional information Ade!

Unfortunately, while still listed as available, the uniform has been sold.

Sad that it is gone. I worked with people from the 77th RRC several years ago up until their deactivation. Nice to see a good uniform left with the patch.