MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Army 1st Patt HBT Jacket

Article about: Had no idea, Rene. They've been packed away for years. They used to fit me.........!

Default Re: US Army 1st Patt HBT Jacket

Had no idea, Rene. They've been packed away for years.
    They used to fit me.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by gbalke View Post
    Nice jacket Rene. And I also drag out my stuff when the wife is away, though I think you may have more.

I have a similar jacket, but with out the stripes, and it also has the 13 star buttons. I also have a one piece HBT coverall with the same buttons.

Here in the States, years ago, HBT items were scarce and brought in a high $$. That seems to have changed lately; I've noticed that HBT pieces on e-Bay are going for
    little $$, if they sell at all. Not sure what happened. Maybe someone found that lost HBT wharehouse.
    I also found a pile of the latter patterns down here including USMC ones, but the first patt (original) here is the harder one to find

Im a bit late but the first pattern are impossible and expensive as heck to find around here very nice I like the stripes it ads a cool touch I have a pair of second pat pants and shirt and also an early Korean war pattern with the WWII buttons. -Ben

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice HBT, Rene.

Painting stripes on the sleeve was a regular occurence in the US Marines.........
    I was going to say when I saw that shirt is it a marine corps shirt, but didn't see the usmc & ega on the left pocket. I have an unworn set of hbt's from a estate sale, but they fit me so I have worn them seperately at times, until I fell asleep one night & burned a small hole in the pants pocket, they are still stamped 1947 in the pants.
    marty

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    I was going to say when I saw that shirt is it a marine corps shirt, but didn't see the usmc & ega on the left pocket. I have an unworn set of hbt's from a estate sale, but they fit me so I have worn them seperately at times, until I fell asleep one night & burned a small hole in the pants pocket, they are still stamped 1947 in the pants.
    marty
    Whoopsy Hey....
    P47 USMC?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-26-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Whoopsy Hey....
    P47 USMC?
    no mine didn't have any markings other than the date, etc inside the pants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2