MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US dress uniform

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen, on looking through my "pool" of uniforms I re-discovered this US uniform I bought at a flea market many years ago. I don't know a thing about US dress uniform

?

Default US dress uniform

Ladies and Gentlemen,

on looking through my "pool" of uniforms I re-discovered this US uniform I bought at a flea market many years ago.

I don't know a thing about US dress uniforms and would ask for help to identify this one - era, unit, rank etc. There is a second set of badges in the breast pocket one of which differs from the one sewn onto the sleeve of the jacket.

Any information is welcome, thanks in advance! (Sorry for the distorted pictures!)

Attachment 982404US dress uniformUS dress uniformAttachment 982408US dress uniformAttachment 982410US dress uniform
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 07-17-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Hello,

It is a nice Vietnam War era enlisted man's dress uniform. The sword patch is Military Assistance Command unit. I believe the bars on the sleeve (Overseas Service Bars) signify about 2 years served in the Vietnam war. I would say the 67 mark is the date of make.

Very nice!

Hi Chris, surely this is an Officers uniform? Note the braid around each cuff.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, my mistake. I am too used to commonwealth uniforms! Is there any indication of rank? Or has it been removed and only the braids remain? Cheers

Braid around each cuff denotes commissioned rank.

The rank badges have been removed from the shoulder straps along with the US and branch of service insignia from the lapels.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi there

Above is US Army Green Uniform.

Note 3/4 inch mohair cuff band represents either commissioned officer or warrant officer.

His last Combat assignment or Former Wartime service SSI was MACV-Military Assistance Command Vietnam (right shoulder) , his then current unit , during Vietnam period, (Left Shoulder) is US Army Area Support Command Europe.(Formerly US Army Theater Com. Zone.).

The 3rd patch is 199th Infantry Brigade-light and MACV.

Looks like all patches are around 1968-onwards , so the Jacket would be Vietnam era 68-75 period.

The bars on right cuff are 6 months overseas service=2 years.

There should be a date 2 digit figure as part of the QM numbering sequence label-can't remember which though.

Phill

?

Gentlemen,

thank you very much for the enlightenment!

The uniform was introduced around 1956. I grew up with this uniform. The Metz patch is interesting, and, of course, the US Army withdrew from Metz ca. 1966-7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpklGJRzodc
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-18-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Definitely officer material. This is my era.

By the way it was manufactured in Bala-Cynwd, which is just outside of Philadelphia, PA.

Re below SSI and DUI.

USASCE (USACZET)

German made
    Attachment 982708

French made
    Attachment 982709

ADSEC Maginot Caserne Verdun

Attachment 982710

Phill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast