Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US EM Service Jacket

Article about: G'day All Here's one I'm at stumps with! this US EM service jacket has a different wool mix material compared to normal US MFG + I don't recognize the button service branch. cheers in advanc

Default US EM Service Jacket

G'day All

Here's one I'm at stumps with! this US EM service jacket has a different wool mix material compared to normal US MFG + I don't recognize the button service branch.

cheers in advance

Default Re: US EM Service Jacket

Could it possibly be a military lawyers tunic as the buttons appear to have the character holding the scales of justice??? Just a thought.

On the right is the Lady of justice and above looks like the USMC symbol and below looks like it could be Christopher Colombus on his journey to the new world on the santa maria nina and the pinta.. But we have one to many ships then? Hope someone can help.

My first time to see this button but then again, I do not collect US as much as other item's

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hello the buttons on the uniform are for New York state guard the tunic is probably a very good private purchase jacket made in the US

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Hello the buttons on the uniform are for New York state guard the tunic is probably a very good private purchase jacket made in the US
    cheers gel65, mystery solved, do you know of their function?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Right on! I was just about to post that the buttons have the seal of my home state, New York! Funny that the jacket was made in Jersey!

?

Being are state guard I would think that they did alot of training not to much combat

That is funny made in new jersey

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Being are state guard I would think that they did alot of training not to much combat

That is funny made in new jersey
    Is the state guard an army reserve force of some kind?

I believe most units pre war and pre WWI were state guard units and were then merged with others into military divisions. The 116th of the 29th ID goes back to the Revolutionary days as a state militia / guard.

Pre war State Guard tunic. I remember seeing one or two of these back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast