Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?

Article about: Hello! I want to know, my M41 jacket and the shirt are original or repro? I tried to take photos about the important things.

Question US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?

Hello!
    I want to know, my M41 jacket and the shirt are original or repro? I tried to take photos about the important things.
    US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?US M41 Field jacket and shirt: Original or repro?

Sorry I would say both are modern reproductions.

My reasons are:

The "YKK" zip on the jacket. The outer material also looks a little too heavy compared to an original. M41's made for re-enactors are now very good copies. I owned several originals back in the 1980's.

Even though it is washed out, you can see the modern washing instructions on the shirt label. Original labels never had any wording inside boxes. The placement of the label is also odd.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

I agree with Ade..Your M41 is an aged repro..originals have zips made by Conmar to name but one.Try and handle an original if you can.the material is very light and thin....thats the best way to get a feel for these things.Also, they only ever had labels on the inside of the pocket.

And i'm afraid your shirt is late 70's/80's British army shirt.Sorry.

Thanks guys

I think the M41 is the type made by What Price Glory, which sells new for $65. WPG M41's have the YKK zipper and a thick shell.