Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform

Article about: Evening gent's, I have here an American pilots RAFFC tan uniform named to Pilot Officer G.H. Nelson. I removed the bullion cap badge from the RAF cap that I had and restored it onto this cap

Default US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform

Evening gent's, I have here an American pilots RAFFC tan uniform named to Pilot Officer G.H. Nelson. I removed the bullion cap badge from the RAF cap that I had and restored it onto this cap, which had had it's bullion badge removed. The other cap ( previously shown here) was after further research, not correct as the RAF personnel kept their standard insignia!!. Anyway, the tunic, shoulder flashes,RAFFC buttons, cuff bands and ribbon are all original to this tunic, but it is sadly missing it's wings. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform   US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform  

US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform   US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform  

US Pilots RAF Ferry/Transport command uniform  

Good morning I wonder if you can get back to me on this uniform as it has now come into my possession minus the cap and the buttons I am trying to trace the pilot regards Chris

Hi Chris, I had a couple of books on the RAFTC but sadly the flyer in this case was not mentioned. The buttons are standard RAFTC Canadian made ones, but I un-hooked them to go with another grouping. They should be easy enough for you to replace, but those wings will be a pig to find. Happy hunting. Leon.

Thanks my friend do you know what type of wings they would be cloth bullion metal etc and what would they have looked like my email is chrisharris1966@icloud.com please do message me also I can’t find buttons to save my life I have found a similar cap but the cap badge again eludes me

If you had a set of buttons I would have bought them from you and also a cap