Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US POW tunic

Article about: Hello, I purchased this US 8th Service command tunic recently, and thought i'd share it with you. I am open to your opinions, and would like to know where i can research this fellow, and his

Default US POW tunic

Hello,

I purchased this US 8th Service command tunic recently, and thought i'd share it with you. I am open to your opinions,
    and would like to know where i can research this fellow, and his possible POW status.

Thank you and take care, Mart

US POW tunicUS POW tunicUS POW tunicUS POW tunic

Is there any other information regarding his name etc?

MAP
    ?

Not much to go on. you could search the NARA database but with only a last name, and it not being rare it would be like searching for that needle.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by electricdigger View Post
    Is there any other information regarding his name etc?

Unfortunately no, what is written on the tunic is all the info i have. Thank you for your interest and response.

Mart

NARA has a POW database and I didn't see a Hanson with either a 3861 or a 5182 in their service number. I'm not sure how complete this database is though.

There's about 3,700 individuals with the name Hanson in the general database, so as Michael said above, it is a needle in a hay stack. That database is also incomplete.

I just tried another site where you can search by laundry number Home | WWII US Army Enlistment Records and received one hit using H-3861 and H-5182.

Ralph M Hanson Jr

View Record: Ralph M Jr Hanson - 19095182 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

Maybe this is your guy?

The 8th Service Command was a stateside unit in charge of military operations in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Their headquarters was in Dallas, Tx.

I'm interested in how you are connecting this service coat to the soldier being a POW? It's possible that this soldier never even left the USA.

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Unfortunately no, what is written on the tunic is all the info i have. Thank you for your interest and response.

Mart
    Have you looked in the bottom two pockets on the front of the tunic? Usually you'll at least find a QM tag which will allow you to date it.

?

The writing on the liner has been done with a felt tip marker recently. I would put no trust in it at all.

Good point Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast