Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

US uniform 1940 dated

Article about: Hello! My friend has an US uniform set for sell. I don't have any knowledge about US forces, but i like it and i want to buy it. He told me that this is 100% genuine, it arrived to Poland fr

Default US uniform 1940 dated

Hello!

My friend has an US uniform set for sell. I don't have any knowledge about US forces, but i like it and i want to buy it. He told me that this is 100% genuine, it arrived to Poland from USA. I found a label and I think it is 1940 dated, so I think early nice piece. There are some patches and badges, but I don't know what they mean? Did they come from ww II ? In cap i didn't find any stamps or label. MP armband is strange for me, I have never seen this variant? I saw armbands with buttons. Is this set genuine? How much can I pay for it? Is it rare? Thanks a lot for replies!

Best Regards
    Michal

Default Re: US uniform 1940 dated

Nice jacket! There is a lot to say about the insignia:

The patches- left sleeve is U.S. Army Air Forces. The right sleeve is U.S. Army Pacific. Unfortunately both of those are very, very generic insignias, so it can't really be narrowed down more than that. He was a corporal. Service stripe is for at least 3 years of service and bars are for a total of 18 months overseas. The 'Ruptured Duck' above the right breast pocket indicates that he was honorably discharged, almost certainly at the end of the war.

The medals and ribbons- Good Conduct Medal, and then the Good Conduct Ribbon, American Campaign Ribbon, American Defense Service Ribbon, and WWII Victory Ribbon.

The cap is piped for chemical warfare? Not sure on that one. It may not have originally belonged with the group.

Hope this helps!

The good conduct medal is WWII, everything else looks OK including the MP armband. Nothing is rare or unsuual about this grouping so I would not pay a lot for it. The yellow ribbon is the the Asiatic Pacific Campaign medal not the American Defense so he did see some overseas time fighting the Japanese but it does not have any battle stars so probably did not see any actual combat. $50.00-$100.00 if you really have to have it.

Thanks
    Burt

Burt's right about the the Pacific Campaign Medal, sorry!

Overseas cap looks to be piped in blue and orange, which is
    correct for Army Air Corps.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The wool war-time MP band is a nice piece also-highly collectable in it's own right. Sold separately, you would probably spend $25-30 bucks just for it by itself. Overall, quite a nice original uniform grouping with some nice to see "extras".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello!

Thanks for your replies! I bought this uniform with armband for 80$. I think it is good price.

Best Regards
    Michal