Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter

Article about: They certainly appear to be WWII to me . The red cross was not used as the corpsman rate designation after WWII. It was changed to the caduseus, the winged poll with with snakes intertwined

Default US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter

Hello guys, this is a nice lot i found in the classifieds section of the forum.
    I'm interested to buy it and i would like to get your opinion on originality.
    I know US militaria are cheap and therefore not faked (usually) but since i have zero experience on them i would like to get your confirmation.
    Thanks in advance
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter   US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter  

US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter   US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter  

Attached Images Attached Images US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter  US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter  US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter  US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter  US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Default Re: US WWII Greatcoat, Side cap and Letter

Also was this guy a medic in the US Navy?

?

Marine medic. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks Rich

WWII or Korean War, Hospitalman (Corpsman) 1st Class, USN. They were allowed to wear the Green US Marine Corps uniform if they served with the Marines on the front lines. They also wore the USMC combat uniform in the field but the stamped insignia on the pocket would have said USN instead of USMC with the globe and anchor. It looks like the 1st Class stripe on the top was either field added ( battlefield promotion?) or added after his discharge. Nice set

Thanks

Burt

Hi Burt and thanks for your input.
    I noticed the chevron too and imo it must have been a field promotion. Is there a way to tell if the greatcoat belongs to wwii or korean war era?

Arrian,
    I'll look at my USMC WWII one I have at home tonight or this weekend. But I'm pretty sure mine had a 1943 date inside somewhere. I had planned on selling it soon also. I have several WWII great coats that I don't have room for any longer but they are very nice.

Burt

?

All corpsmen and radiomen are Naval personell.
    Coat and cap are good. He probably was promoted and added the 3 chevrons over the original patch.

Hi guys. Steve can you tell if the coat and cap are wwii?

Arrian,
    The coat will have a stamp inside the left sleeve on the shoulder area with the size and the date.
    5 XL
    QUARTERMASTER DEPT USMC

Burt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast