Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2

Article about: Rene Unfortunate about the certificate. Examples such as this have taught me to purchase the item and never the "fluff" that comes with it. For what it's worth, you have an iconic

Default Re: USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2

Rene

Unfortunate about the certificate. Examples such as this have taught me to purchase the item and never the "fluff" that comes with it. For what it's worth, you have an iconic jacket there!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Rene great jackets. 12 o'clock high was a great movie . Gary

They are nice jackets, Rene.

Check those colonel pins. They look kinda 'new', but I could
    be wrong. Anything stamped on the back of them ?
    Regards,

Steve.

USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2Rene

I went to the shop today and took a few pics of the bibs/pants. They are Type B-1. The threads gave up the ghost on one leg as you can see. Matching condition to your jacket, it looks like. Do you know if these pants match your jacket or does the Type have to be the same? Your jacket is Type A and these are B.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Does this match the set ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2   USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2  

USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2   USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2  

USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2   USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2  

USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2  

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2Rene

I went to the shop today and took a few pics of the bibs/pants. They are Type B-1. The threads gave up the ghost on one leg as you can see. Matching condition to your jacket, it looks like. Do you know if these pants match your jacket or does the Type have to be the same? Your jacket is Type A and these are B.

Green
    G'day Green and thanks
    This pair is a ground crew (mechanics) pair and pairs up with a D1 jacket. I have a pair of B1 trousers. A3 trousers are a match with a B3 jacket

Haven't seen an A1 pair before looks very similar to an A6 patt that would match up with a B3

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    They are nice jackets, Rene.

Check those colonel pins. They look kinda 'new', but I could
    be wrong. Anything stamped on the back of them ?
    I'll have to dig it out again, I do recall taking it of once years ago and it has left an old imprint into the leather tab, I'll have to get back to ya on this

Rene

Well, we were close pal!! If the shop had the set, I would consider buying but not just the pants.

Nice boots, Michael77!

Green

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Rene

Well, we were close pal!! If the shop had the set, I would consider buying but not just the pants.

Nice boots, Michael77!

Green
    Close yes and a combo would have flown as well, that's why I bought a B1 set

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast