Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USAAF Flight Suits and cap Grouping

Article about: Picked up these three named items yesterday. A pair of clean but used AN-6550 Summer flight suits. Both named and with ID numbers. I also picked up the matching Type A-II cap. This too is na

MAP
    ?

Default USAAF Flight Suits and cap Grouping

Picked up these three named items yesterday. A pair of clean but used AN-6550 Summer flight suits. Both named and with ID numbers. I also picked up the matching Type A-II cap. This too is named and with ID numbers.

Named to W.F. Ryan (William I think). ID is R0618. Is this a laundry number? Anyone know. It's on all three pieces.

Very difficult to photograph the suits but hope you like them. My dealer (thank goodness) did not want to split them up so gave me a nice bundle price. There was another unissued suit with the same lot but it was not named to I didn't pick it up so if anyone is interested I can see if it is still available.

And yes, as un-photogenic as I am, they were my size so decided to pull a Rossi and model it for you all...LoL. Don't have the rugged looks of Kirk though so I couldn't pull it off as well as he did with his Luft Summer Flight suit...

Now I just need a pair of goggles...

Enjoy...

Michael

USAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap GroupingUSAAF Flight Suits and cap Grouping
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice find.
    The cap is an A 11 in good shape.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Steve. I wasn't sure if it was II or 11.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Michael, nice flying suits and helmet you picked up, probably mine in a past life, my name is also William ryan, cheers

Nothing wrong with a bit of "modelling" Michael! They are super flight suits, with good clean insignia. You will look the part when you go for a flight in a vintage aircraft. Leon.

?

Nice pick up Michael!!! I love the AAF stuff

Why didn't you put the flight helmet on??????

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I found a Willard Ryan with that laundry# But only that he was in the Army and enlisted April 10th 1942 in Georgia and was from Sumner ,TN. I will dig a little more and see if I find an AAF connection

Semper Fi
    Phil

Great set I love collecting in this field

MAP
    ?

Quote by wingco View Post
    Hi Michael, nice flying suits and helmet you picked up, probably mine in a past life, my name is also William ryan, cheers
    Ahh...but can you fit into a size 40? LoL!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nothing wrong with a bit of "modelling" Michael! They are super flight suits, with good clean insignia. You will look the part when you go for a flight in a vintage aircraft. Leon.
    Just like your avatar Leon! Thanks! Would love one day to have the opportunity and yes, I would definitely wear this when and if I do. I mean...come on...why wouldn't I!!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I found a Willard Ryan with that laundry# But only that he was in the Army and enlisted April 10th 1942 in Georgia and was from Sumner ,TN. I will dig a little more and see if I find an AAF connection

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil for the work. You are the man! It may be Willard. I assumed it was William from what looks to be a "Wm" on the strap of the cap. I will look at the photo again and play with the contrast a bit.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Nice pick up Michael!!! I love the AAF stuff

Why didn't you put the flight helmet on??????

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Was waiting for you to saunter by and see this thread. Got to pull Rossi's old picture and put them side by side!

Was thinking of you the moment I saw these and knew you would love a named set. These are not my main area so if I ever sell will let you know.

Now as to why there are no pictures of me with the flight helmet on. It's simple, I looked like a total clown wearing it so deleted all of those pictures right away!!! All I needed was the Red Nose and floppy shoes! Plus it didn't help that the helmet was a size or two too small.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast