MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic

Article about: 8th AAF WW2 service tunic with bullion wings for a Bombardier, (possibly British made), and with a British made 8th AAF stubby winged patch on the sleeve. Bob

Default USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic

8th AAF WW2 service tunic with bullion wings for a Bombardier, (possibly British made), and with a
    British made 8th AAF stubby winged patch on the sleeve.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic   USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic  

USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic   USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic  

USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic   USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic  

USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic  

Very nice!! I love the bullion wings!

Does it happen to be named or have a laundry number?

Not named unfortunately, I will have a look for any laundry marks (I only picked it up a couple of days back),
    it is another tunic set that came out of a collection from Belgium, the person that picked it up had a pile of US
    WW2 related uniform items, he sold the lot to a local dealer, and I was fortunate to get this and a couple of other
    tunics (AAF) from the dealer. He migrated to Australia post-war, and picked up the US stuff in around 1946 or 1947.

I also came home with a mint set of 'pinks' as well, now to find a nice visor cap to add to the mix...

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF WW2 Captain's 8th Army Air Force Bombardier's dark green service tunic  

Very nice! Congratulations on the wonderful acquisitions!

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    Very nice! Congratulations on the wonderful acquisitions!
    Thanks Ed.

Cheers

Bob

?

DFC and a PUC ribbon. Man O Man, I really drooling over these Bob. Some awesome pick ups.

I'm in the middle of putting together a Captain's uniform in honor Of Ben Bennett. He was my first contact I made while researching my Uncles shoot down during the April 13th 1944 Schweinfurt raid. He was a great man and gave me all the info he had about that day. He was the wingman of my uncle's(Tailgunner) B17.(Mrs Geezil). 6 out of 7 B17's of the 545th were shot down that day making Ben, THE LAST MAN STANDING!!!!And my main reason for working for the 384th BG website.
    My uncle NEVER spoke about his service or his time in Stalag 17B.
    Here is his Ben's story about that day

Last Man Standing - Schweinfurt 13th April 1944 - by Heinz Krebs

Semper Fi
    Phil

Bob- If you happen to find a laundry number or name these sites might help with research:

To search by laundry number: Home | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

Excellent place to research individuals, units, missions of the USAAF in Britain: http://www.americanairmuseum.com/archive

Thank you again for sharing these wonderful pieces.