Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

USMC '44 2side poncho!!

Article about: So today i was out for a walk and i found these on a small antique store first i thought that they would be some post war uniforms but then i realised that they were 2 usmc ponchos so i imme

Default USMC '44 2side poncho!!

So today i was out for a walk and i found these on a small antique store first i thought that they would be some post war uniforms but then i realised that they were 2 usmc ponchos so i immediately asked for the price and it was 5 euros for both ! so i picked them up!!
    One of them is dated USMC May 27 1944 as you can see in the picture so it is an "early" one the other one is unmarked or the markings are faded[ATTACH=USMC '44 2side poncho!!CONFIG]631014[/ATTACH]USMC '44 2side poncho!!USMC '44 2side poncho!! USMC '44 2side poncho!!USMC '44 2side poncho!!USMC '44 2side poncho!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC '44 2side poncho!!  

?

Nice grab.Earlier U.S.M.C. ponchos were kahki colour. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

i mean Early 2 sided poncho's
    thanks btw!!

I like them, what a find! I wonder how they ended up in your neck of the woods? If you ever want to sell one GM give me a shout

Cheers,

Ian.

Thank you Ian a lot of US items were given to Greek Army during the civil war (1945-49)

You will be the first to know :P if i sell one of them

Well I never knew that GM that is very interesting thank you, and thank you too for keeping me in mind! 5 Euros for the two is brilliant.

Cheers,

Ian.

No problem mate
    yes i was very lucky with the price

Damn! You are really lucky guy! Where did you buy those ponchos? Athens? I saw some WWII army surplus (US, British) on Plaka district last summer (just haversacks, backpacks etc. commonly available in other places), but no such a diamonds like this! I am going to visit capitol of Greece this year, so if it is not a secret, please tell me the address...

Hello thanks for your kind comment
    I don't know the adress because i found it accidentaly
    if you come to Athens send me a pm and I will tell you where to look for