Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC display for opinions

Article about: Hello all, A work in progress. I am a bit of newbie with US uniforms, Of course I have done a little research prior but I have had to rely on the sellers word (a dangerous venture). I am hop

Default USMC display for opinions

Hello all,

A work in progress.

I am a bit of newbie with US uniforms, Of course I have done a little research prior but I have had to rely on the sellers word (a dangerous venture).

I am hoping to display an valid and original WWII US marine;

Nice clean P-41 HBT shirt - Marine Corps P-41 second pattern HBT trousers. Unfortunatly the EGA too faded to read properly. Leggings are 'GREGORY & READ CO' NXSX 24662 3/12/43 SIZE 3. Early fixed bale M1. '43 dated belt.

All opinions welcome and appreciated.

Best regards,
    Chris

PS. Anyone looking to sell some original boots by any chance?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC display for opinions   USMC display for opinions  

USMC display for opinions   USMC display for opinions  

USMC display for opinions   USMC display for opinions  

the boots will be hard to find or at least pricey

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    the boots will be hard to find or at least pricey
    ....my wife's problem too!!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I put together this USMC display last year. Maybe it'll offer you some inspiration:
    USMC display for opinionsUSMC display for opinions

Great display! Thanks for sharing. Love the kabar! My display certainly would improve with some suspenders and the pouches - I will look out for some!

Best regards,
    Chris

Thanks, Chris!

My display has a mix of early and late war elements... The canteen has a metal cap, which is indicative of WWI surplus being passed onto the marines, but it's living in a traditional dog ear flap marine canteen carrier. The jungle first aid kit wasn't something seen until late '43 early '44 and I thought it was something different than just the oft-seen lone M42 first aid pouch (which is also attached to the bottom of the jungle pouch). I also went for little flares of detail with the EGA pin in the lapel and souvenir Japanese flag in the breast pocket.

Ideally, the Kabar should be in a leather sheath... Unfortunately, authentic marine Kabars are going for big money... so I went for the US Navy version which was also used by the marines in a pinch.

Great displays, Gents!

I too, would like to display my U.S.M.C. kits, I can do a complete set up, but first need a mannequin......

Regards,
    Taka

Nice display looks like it is really coming together, ww1 1905 first aid pouches were also used by the marines and p41 packs with a poncho always display well.

Harry