Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC Genenals tunic Date

Article about: Great find today , USMC Generals tunic , named and dated 14/13/53 to a Brig. Gen. Ion M Bethel . Any chance this could be a WWII but not issued till 53 ? Sorry about the poor photos , I'll g

CBH
    ?

Default USMC Genenals tunic Date

Great find today , USMC Generals tunic , named and dated 14/13/53 to a Brig. Gen. Ion M Bethel . Any chance this could be a WWII but not issued till 53 ? Sorry about the poor photos , I'll get better ones with the sun is out .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Genenals  tunic Date   USMC Genenals  tunic Date  

USMC Genenals  tunic Date  

Nice find, I think the clue maybe in the liner material?

?

Here is your guy if this is his Blouse. He was stationed in Philly at that Depot from 1939 to 1942 as a LtCol. then again 1945 till 1950 and held the rank of Colonel. In 1953 he was at HQMC, which is in Washington DC, where he picked up his Brigadier star.

After Franfurt Arsenal closed my Father worked at that facility.

TogetherWeServed - MGen Ion M. Bethel

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here's an example liner material from my OR jacket (of course yours is officer) from the same period.

CBH
    ?

Thank you all for the replies , yes Phil that is our man , I also read he was in China with the 4th marines in 1927 and 1935 and participated in the invasion of Peleliu in WWII , and was Quartermaster General of the Marine Corps . How this found its way to a used clothing store in Eastern Canada is amazing . I bought it for the buttons and was shocked to see it named to a Brig. Gen. ! Any idea where I can find similar examples online ? Also so the green lining makes it post war ? Thanks again .

CBH
    ?

Are there any good USMC open forums ?

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Are there any good USMC open forums ?

Have you tried USMF.
    U.S. Militaria Forum

Great site that has sections for USMC with some very knowledgeable collectors who specialize in Marine Corps items.

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

Thought I'd post another a photo or two , I also have a question about a shoulder board button . Looks almost Chinese?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Genenals  tunic Date   USMC Genenals  tunic Date  

Great find. And that button - Tibetan.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I have to agree with René. That forrest green synthetic/ satin liner material is a dead give away of post war uniforms, both army and usmc. Either way very cool find! Now you need to get it set up with the appropriate ribbons and you'll have a show stopper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast