Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

USMC "Green Forest" uniform

Article about: Hi Friends, I show you this USMC "Green Forest" uniform in my collection, which belonged to a Corporal of "Pacific Fleet Marine Force". The condition are good and everyth

Default USMC "Green Forest" uniform

Hi Friends,
    I show you this USMC "Green Forest" uniform in my collection, which belonged to a Corporal of "Fleet Marine Force Pacific".
    The condition are good and everything belonged to one person, unfortunately that the cap has been lost.
    As always every your opinion is very welcome.

Cheers
    Roberto

USMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniformUSMC "Green Forest" uniform

A curiosity: in the pocket I found a receipt 1945 dated of a shop, I think of Chicago City, in fact I did a little research and it seems issued by a shop chain in this City.

Nice well marked set! It's always a bonus finding the belt with the thick as the Marine ones are often missing. It's also nice finding surprises in the pockets!

Thanks Ed,
    a question, if you can help me: I have always seen these uniforms worn with a light shirt, however in this set there is a green flannel shirt, as you can see; you know on what occasion was used this type of shirt?

Good question on the green shirt. I typically see the dress green blouse with a khaki shirt. The green blouse with the khaki shirt was the Winter Service Uniform and the Summer Service Uniform also included a khaki shirt. Although I have found one picture with a green shirt similar to yours as part of the Summer Service Uniform.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful and hopefully a more knowledgeable member will chime in.

Here is a helpful site as well: WW2Gyrene - a tribute to the World War II Marine

- - ------- - -

Are there any tags or markings in the green shirt?

Hi Ed, thank you very much for your commitment!
    The only markings I found in the green shirt is inside the collar: size and what appears to be a contract number.

Cheers
    Roberto

?

First one I have seen. It must be for winter wear.
    Very nice grouping. Fleet Marine items are hard to find.

I add the the patch detail, which I had forgotten to load.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC "Green Forest" uniform  

Hi Old Steel

The patch is FMFPAC-Supply Service.

They were based in 4 battalions and 8 depots thru ought the Pacific.

A lot of the labor jobs were done by African Americans who were involved in shore party operations which involved direct action with the Japanese in off loading of supplies.

Phill

Thanks Phill for the interesting information

Hi Old steel

My pleasure , one slight correction , the uniform type should be termed "Forrest Green" as per USMC regulations.

Phill