Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USMC Marine Detachment Uniform

Article about: I was hoping to receive some input on this USMC jacket. What are your thoughts on the potential for its originality? In searching through Ancestry I was able to find a Donald A Nelson who en

Nice Ed, it's a set I'd also be happy with

Thank you very much Rene!

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    Thank you very much Rene!
    No worries Ed it's always nice to have a patched USMC jacket. These are my favourite of all US service uniforms!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    No worries Ed it's always nice to have a patched USMC jacket. These are my favourite of all US service uniforms!
    Haha...I'm finding myself to be partial to them as well! Even my wife has an appreciation for them herself.

Here is a recent acquisition which started USMC jackets for me. It's a 6th Marine Division jacket with belt and named to a Jim Weigert, but I've not been able to locate him on the Muster Rolls.

Gee Wiz is that your lot there, it's very impressive! My Wife can also "Just" tollerate my USMC wool lot! Here's two of my patched ones
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-16-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: added text & pic

Very nice Rene! Thanks for sharing. That 1st Marine jacket was passed around a bit!.

I would like a 1st Marine Division patched jacket as well. Bay State Militaria recently had a double patched 1st Marine and Marine Raider jacket recently. Marine Raider is another one on the list. It's certainly the thrill of the hunt!

Thank you again for sharing!

It's good to see some nice US items on here. I prefer this forum to any of the others but I seem to be drifting more towards US lately as it's a little more accessible and affordable to cut your teeth on (over here anyway).

?

aurelius180,Now you have to find a belt for it. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    aurelius180,Now you have to find a belt for it. Rich A. in Pa.

I know....that was the one let down for this set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2