Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Tunic Research Help

Article about: Hi Guys, Just after a bit of help with this USMC tunic. I have had it for a while and I am just curious if it is easy research the owners name? The name on the tunic is R. D. YODER. Thanks i

?

Default USMC Tunic Research Help

Hi Guys,
    Just after a bit of help with this USMC tunic.
    I have had it for a while and I am just curious if it is easy research the owners name?
    The name on the tunic is R. D. YODER.
    Thanks in advance.

USMC Tunic Research Help

USMC Tunic Research Help

USMC Tunic Research Help

USMC Tunic Research Help

USMC Tunic Research Help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Tunic Research Help  

These records can be found on Ancestry. I think this is your guy. He goes fro Pvt to Pfc to Pvt:

Name: Richard D Yoder

Muster Date: Jan 1945

Station: Marine Detachment, Navy V-12 Unit, Colgate University, Hamilton, N.Y.

There are other records on him, all from 1945. Other guys have same initials but wrong ranks and are from the 50's.

I cannot do more at the moment, family calls!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade,
    Thanks very much for the information on the tunics owner.
    I have been wondering do you think the patches and ribbon are original to the tunic or have been added later?
    Any more info on the owner would be fantastic.

Thanks again.
    Michael

The ribbons look like they were an add on. If he had 3 awards, they should all 3 be on one ribbon bar, it looks like there are 2. The USN/USMC Presidential Unit Citation is upside down, the red stripe should be on the bottom The proper order should be the WW 2 Victory Ribbon, then the Pacific Theatre Ribbon and then the Unit Citation. I don't know enough about patches to say, sorry. Hope this helps a little.

Paul

?

Thanks Stinkpotpete. I suspected it might have been put together post war.
    Thanks for your help.