Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USN Jumper - Pre War?

Article about: by Wagriff Yep...that would be him. Either a mispelling of his born name or it could be his actual given name itself. You see this often, when a foreign born person dies, they publish his or

Default Re: USN Jumper - Pre War?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Yep...that would be him. Either a mispelling of his born name or it could be his actual given name itself. You see this often, when a foreign born person dies, they publish his original name, is all. William
    Cool, not sure how to determine these things sometimes, I'm still figureing stuff out. Looks like his first and last names are prety common Finnish names, like being named Tom Smith in the US. Found something that may be his sister, going to try and work that angle backwards.

Sadly, there were no ribbons left on the jumper. The sailors on the PC-619 certainly earned there keep and collected a few nice ones for there service.

It's a nice jumper with with good history! He may of been at a land base or something because the muster rolls on ancestry don't show land bases during ww2.

Jason

Thanks for all the help with the Jumper and Sailor ID guys, I think we're going to keep this one. It came with Bell Bottoms and Flat Cap as well but neither are named. No reason to think they are not all a part of the same, but no way to prove they are either. Will make a nice piece for my son to talk about when he puts his display up again, I think in March.

Thanks again,

Russ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2