Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WAC's in CBI

Article about: Hello To All Its not really my area of collecting but in my family, Im the collector and when someone passes and was in the service ,they know that I would be interested and take care of any

?

Default Re: WAC's in CBI

Wac overseas CBI groupings with family provanance are very desirable. There were approximately 100,000 Wac's in the army in WWII. Wac material is hard to find.
    Steve

?

I just got this sent to me after asking around about her My Aunt Annie's service. You can't beat that !
    A pic of Her in that uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WAC's in CBI  

Thanks for the follow up, and she's a dish (don't tell my wife I said that)
    here's a shot of my jacket for all
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-13-2018 at 07:22 AM.

?

Phil what a great thread I don't know how I missed it . Love the uniforms and great to have a face with the items. Gary

?

Thanks Gary,
    I have since gotten a small box of all the pictures she had taken while there. Its quite a collection of her at work and doing stage shows to entertain the guys. A Lot are pics of all the guys swarming around. As we used to call it in the Corps,a total sausage fest.( Three girls Ten guys hovering) Most are her while going around with the girls and booklets on what to expect and how to act while in India. Its a great collection. I remember her telling me that she was stationed there when we dropped the Atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. So from the hash marks on here sleeve, she was there 1944-1945 time frame.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Very nice could you post some of the photos

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Thanks for the follow up, and she's a dish (don't tell my wife I said that)
    here's a shot of my jacket for all
    I agree with reneblacky!

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Very nice could you post some of the photos
    Gary,
    I'm sorry I missed this request for pic's.I'm working on getting a scanner setup to do some of the WW1 pic's I have and her pic's are also on that list. I will post them when done.

Gent's
    As far as being a dish. All the Joanni Girls(5) were lookers in their youth. They were the speakeasy boop-boopbedoop girls.

I had a very loving and interesting upbringing with them. I spent my summer's with them all at different times. It was never boring to say the least

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice grouping Phil not sure how I missed this! Looking forward to the pictures. CBI theater made patches and uniforms can be pretty unique.

?

Well it took me long enough. But I finally got about 1/4 of the pic's scanned from my Aunt Annie's time in the CBI.
    Click on the image to enlarge

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WAC's in CBI   WAC's in CBI  

WAC's in CBI  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast