Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wanting info on reversible camo HBT ww2 sniper jacket.

Article about: Hi, I'm new here and hoping that its ok to ask for some info straight off. I've had this jacket for a while and I wanted to sell it to someone who would appreciate it but find I have no idea

Default Wanting info on reversible camo HBT ww2 sniper jacket.

Hi,

I'm new here and hoping that its ok to ask for some info straight off. I've had this jacket for a while and I wanted to sell it to someone who would appreciate it but find I have no idea of its value. I came across some posts on the US militaria forum here - http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...iform-2-piece/

It seems its a british made jacket and was issued for a short time before being withdrawn. Then used later in Indonesia by the French.

I tried to sign up to the other forum to ask a few questions there but for some reason my account never gets approved. Thats when I found this place and the goldmine of info you have. I couldn't find anything about this jacket on your forums.

Does anyone here have an idea of the rarity of it and the sort of value I should put on it? I get the impression from the posts I've read that it can be quite sought after.

I can put up some pictures of the actual jacket I have later but the condition is similar to the one in the pictures on that thread I linked.

Thanks muchly in advance.

Default Re: Wanting info on reversible camo HBT ww2 sniper jacket.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It is indeed a rare bit of kit.

I do not know a current value, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is a link to more information about the sniper jacket on the Imperial War Museum site. - http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30100058

If anyone has any more information on this jacket, however obscure, please let me know. I would be very interested in learning more about its provenance.

------

Jacket side 1

Jacket side 2

Label

Wear on hem

Hole in back (near hem)

Hole in sleeve

Cuff slightly frayed

Tiny hole in right shoulder

?

Since this is such a uncommon piece this is something that depends on who you are selling it too, I would think this would be worth around 1000 to 2000 USD

Thanks for the info gel65.

I've put the jacket up in the classifieds now with a £950 guide price. Looking for offers. - https://www.warrelics.eu/classifieds...am-1944/cat/24

I've dropped the price further. Its now £700 ono. Bargain for somebody.

Thankyou for the help. I've now sold this jacket.