Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

war aid british battledress blouse

Article about: Picked this up on Saturday at a local vintage clothes fair. I think it is a USA made war aid BD blouse, it has royal signals cloth titles and a metal armourer trade badge, seems in good cond

jwp
    ?

Default war aid british battledress blouse

Picked this up on Saturday at a local vintage clothes fair. I think it is a USA made war aid BD blouse, it has royal signals cloth titles and a metal armourer trade badge, seems in good condition. not seen many of these war aid BD around are they common ?
    John.war aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blousewar aid british battledress blouse

Nice War Aid BD John, very nice. Not sure why if he is signals that he has the tongs badge. Most WA BD's were issued in Italy 43 onward.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi John, I think these are the "Rolls Royce" of Battledress.

Very nice.

I echo Jerry's comments.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

many thanks both, I did wonder about the trade badge, I thought more than likely to see them on ordnance corps or REME, it looks a period piece and appears as its been on for some time.
    john.

?

The only thing that I don't like about it is the Hammer and Tongs badge. This is a REME trade badge, (Articifer), and, therefore, IMO, does not go with the BD, as it stands, otherwise, I like it, a lot!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    The only thing that I don't like about it is the Hammer and Tongs badge. This is a REME trade badge, (Articifer), and, therefore, IMO, does not go with the BD, as it stands, otherwise, I like it, a lot!!

Regards etc

Ian D

I agree, BD dated September 42, REME formed 42, 6 months to get the BD to UK so would a JNCO have a Armourer/ Tiffy badge? As most technical trades in Royal Signals transfered to REME, except Forman of Signals, and previously armourers where RAOC is this item OK? Yes but as Jimpy notes the hammer & tongs don't match, did it replace some other badge/insignia?
    As a retired Tiffy REME I know a bit about Army tradesmen history and the badge just dosen't fit. Did the owner transfer to REME?
    Is there any name on the BD that could be traced to a RS to REME transfer? Intruging isn't it??
    Great item, Good luck with your researches!
    Tiffy

jwp
    ?

Quote by tiffy View Post
    I agree, BD dated September 42, REME formed 42, 6 months to get the BD to UK so would a JNCO have a Armourer/ Tiffy badge? As most technical trades in Royal Signals transfered to REME, except Forman of Signals, and previously armourers where RAOC is this item OK? Yes but as Jimpy notes the hammer & tongs don't match, did it replace some other badge/insignia?
    As a retired Tiffy REME I know a bit about Army tradesmen history and the badge just dosen't fit. Did the owner transfer to REME?
    Is there any name on the BD that could be traced to a RS to REME transfer? Intruging isn't it??
    Great item, Good luck with your researches!
    Tiffy
    many thanks for your reply, no sadly no name in the Bd to trace, looks like someone has just added the badge on , I had thought about a transfer too, anyway thanks again,
    cheers,
    John.

jwp
    ?

Was looking at the IWM site and came across this oddly badged home guard BD, it seems to have 1st division royal signals patch and the same trade badge, is this another odd combination ?

cheers, John.war aid british battledress blouse
    Last edited by jwp; 12-02-2014 at 10:49 PM.

?

Quote by jwp View Post
    Was looking at the IWM site and came across this oddly badges home guard BD, it seems to have 1st division royal signals patch and the same trade badge, is this another odd combination ?

cheers, John.war aid british battledress blouse
    Now that one has definitely thrown a spanner in the works! (No pun intended)

Regards etc

Ian D

jwp
    ?

nice one !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast