Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

webbing Australian / US mixture ??

Article about: Hi all got this webbing from a local auction for \\$15 AU recently I'v taken a few pictures . Is this a aussie US mixture of webbing ? would this have been used or is this just a later made up

Default webbing Australian / US mixture ??

Hi all got this webbing from a local auction for $15 AU recently I'v taken a few pictures . Is this a aussie US mixture of webbing ? would this have been used or is this just a later made up mixture ?webbing Australian / US mixture ??webbing Australian / US mixture ??webbing Australian / US mixture ??webbing Australian / US mixture ??webbing Australian / US mixture ??webbing Australian / US mixture ??

?

Definitely would have been used like this......SLR pouches in front......though the SLR pouch on the chest there would have been in the way a bit......and would indicate a left handed firer....
    This mix and match of the green kit.....I had US made water bottles alongside Aussie made.....especially in the early 90's when I first joined and the green kit was giving way to the new AUSCAM kit.....the Q store would chuck anything at you...I had Vietnam dated bum pack and cups canteen, with late 70's and early 80' issue pouches.......the spray painting of cam on these was more common in the 80's and 90's and wasn't necessarily doctrine, but we all did it

?

As to wether this is a correct set up....there's was a basic set up of two SLR pouches in front, then two water bottles behind these with the bum pack at the rear.....normally a first aid dressing carrier was worn on the y straps on the left or right depending on which hand you fired with.....this wa strictly adhered to in training establishments, but once you arrived at a unit or battalion, there was a lot of customisation....especially the "losing" of the bum pack in favour of a couple more pouches......also depending on your role in the section, a gunner and his number 2 would have their own set up, a medic may have more pouches or more water bottles....

cheers mate for the info great to know that mix and match was the norm makes me even happier with my buy

AIF
    ?

Hi mate it is all Aussie made 56 patt webbing and yeah apart from the pouch on the shoulder it all looks correct to me.

cheers mate

I can't say I've ever seen the SLR pouch mounted at the shoulder like that-would also get in the way of the backpack as well-as far as mixing equipment goes, in the Res it was common to use surplus store P37 pouches in place of the SLR type as the press stud was easier to close with one hand than the accursed tab and tongue-I had 2 Bren pouches on mine -they were the right size to carry a rat pack or the V neck pullover and handier to access than the bum pack-they did require dyeing/painting to cam them up though.