Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do I have?

Article about: I searched the pockets for some sort of description, but no luck. Here is a photo of the other arm insignia.

?

Default What do I have?

I purchased a box of uniforms at an auction. I thought this to be interesting. Can anyone ID the insignia?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have?   What do I have?  

?

Default Re: What do I have?

You have a very nice early wwii four pocket variant u.s service jacket. He was in the CBI (China Burma India) theater and a staff sergeant.
    Ryan
    Edit: check the front right pocket and there should be a tag telling you the date of the jacket, in the photo it looks like it is unbuttoned.

The collar disk is USAAF (US Army Air Force)

?

And he is a Staff Sergeant .1st Sgt would have Three stripes up and three stripes down with a Diamond in the middle.
    What is the patch on the other shoulder?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Actually the rank insignia is for a Staff Sergeant, a First Sergeant or "Top" would have three bottom rockers and a diamond in between the the top three stripes and the three bottom rockers.

?

Rene your right it looked like medical corps to me and why did i even say 1st sergeant i cant even think right today lol
    Ryan

?

Quick edit Ryan!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

It also looks like he has 4 overseas service bars on his sleeve. So he spent 2 years there!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Looks like all the patches except the ranks are bullion which is another positive.

Ryan

?

Pablo the patch on the other sleeve might help tell us where exactly he served. If it just the star with wings (AAF)there were several base's throughout that theater. I have a uniform from my Aunt who served in the CBI with the star with wings(AAF) and she was station in Karachi India. Now Pakistan as of 1947.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast