Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What do I have?

Article about: I searched the pockets for some sort of description, but no luck. Here is a photo of the other arm insignia.

?

Default Re: What do I have?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Without having to pull out a bunch of uniforms and spell it out here's a old shot of one of mine taken from the rear left of the shoulder to show the bi-swing. later patts eliminated this feature
    Thanks for the info and yes....it is bi-swing.

?

On the left side of the AAF shirt the Blue ribbon is a distinguished unit citation with 2 oak leafs. So his unit got three citations. This ribbon later became the PUC Presidential unit citation.
    The aircrew wings could be because they were flying supplies over the Hump to support the British, Chinese and American forces fight the japanese, so there were a lot of cargo planes flying that route .The Hump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This is getting better!!!
    I curious about the set of wings on the left. I can't make them out. Could you post another pic of them?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Many thanks for the information. In the original photo a portion of the wings was missing but I found it in the pocket and glued it back on. I must find out who this belonged to!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have?  

?

That is the insignia for a flight engineer(usually have a 4 prop propeller),the center piece is usually made of the same material the wings are made from. Very neat.I have not seen one like that one. I'm guessing it's theatre made set. What is the white material made of?
    Thanks for posting that!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil. The white looks like enamel.

?

Very Cool!!!!By chance do they have any markings on the back?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Yeah you do need to find out who these belong to. Its going to be hard to do but would be quite interesting!!!
    The ribbon in the top middle is this Republic of China WW2 service medal ribbon!
    What do I have?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks!! That was one ribbon I could not ID. There are no markings on the back of the wings.

?

Hey Pablo,
    I was wondering about the three prop propeller on that badge and also its connection to the CBI and I found this link which shows that insignia used and it would also explain the Republic of China WW2 ribbon.
    We might not be able to identify the man who wore that uniform but we sure can find out what he did and where he was!!!!!
    AIR SERVICE COMMAND UNITS
    Now look into that services groups and see how many men with the last name that started with an "H" and who was a Staff Sgt. at the time and you might be able to narrow it down. Some time's it takes a long time and LOTS of research to find just a hint, but it is the playing of the game and the info found that makes it all worth wild. Good Luck!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3