Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?

Article about: G'day all, I have been watching these boots with interest. I have been looking for these for some time. They look ok to me but were not bid on at a reserve of \\$200 (which would have been a g

Default What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?

G'day all,

I have been watching these boots with interest. I have been looking for these for some time.

They look ok to me but were not bid on at a reserve of $200 (which would have been a good price?). They have been relisted for much cheaper now.

Am I missing something here? Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?   What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?  

What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?   What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?  

What is wrong with these USN Boondockers?  

Perhaps the mismatched colour, or the size ( 12D )
    may be the reason why no one bid.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Glad to see Steve's confirmation. They looked pretty good to me when you first posted this.

?

Look good to me, what is the asking price if you do not mind me asking, sometimes I think they are more interested in the USMC ones

Nobody bid on these for 200 USD the first time - This time no reserve. I have always considered the USN marked boots to be USMC issue?

Pair WWII US Navy Marine Corps Rough Out Combat Boots Large Size 12 Original | eBay

?

I think the price was actually a little high, I think these are 150 or less, my father sold a nice pair of the rough outs for 125 about a year ago

Apparently someone would have done well to scoop them up at the $200.

eBay is funny in that one week something can go for half the price it will the next week. I guess it all depends on the exposure and who has seen the item.