Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress Tunic

Article about: Hello just wanted to share a WW2 Canadian Tunic i just bought on Ebay, to me it looks all good, looks like it has an officer collar, feel free to leave any comments

Default WW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress Tunic

Hello just wanted to share a WW2 Canadian Tunic i just bought on Ebay, to me it looks all good, looks like it has an officer collar, feel free to leave any comments

WW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress TunicWW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress TunicWW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress TunicWW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress TunicWW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress Tunic

Hi Travis

Excellent dated uniform with WWII canvas Formation sign.

Hope you don't mind me posting this display of BCD 5th Armoured Div c 1945 NW Europe.

5th AD is melton wool , BCD and FS I purchased from a well known Canadian collector, historian.

Attachment 1237487

Phill

Hello phill, lovely little lot you got there!

Thanks for showing those nice 5th Division items. My only purely Canadian battledress (other than Canadian-made examples used by the British) is a well used example from a Cape Breton Highlanders signaler. This is one of those rare service worn items, rather than the more common walking out dress used for the journey home after the war.

This battledress is dated 1944 and has all original insignia, a filthy interior and signs of wear and damage all over. Far from mint but loads of character. The tam-o-shanter is also Canadian (1940) but did not come with the blouse. I hope you don't mind me tagging this onto this thread - does anyone else have any 5th Division items they'd like to share?

Matthew

WW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress TunicWW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress Tunic

What a great "been there" battledress. I love the display, it looks great.

CBH
    ?

Beautiful tunic Matthew, I love it, it's been there not just a postwar sewing project.
    Thank you for sharing and welcome to the Forum.

Little update on this Jacket, i have discovered an imprint and a bit of stitching right where the regimental flash would be and it is in the exact shape of a cape breton flash!

CBH
    ?

Have you looked on the inside of the sleeve, sometimes the outlines show up better inside out.

Yup, and i can't say i see any better sadly

?

Quote by tubist73 View Post
    Thanks for showing those nice 5th Division items. My only purely Canadian battledress (other than Canadian-made examples used by the British) is a well used example from a Cape Breton Highlanders signaler. This is one of those rare service worn items, rather than the more common walking out dress used for the journey home after the war.

This battledress is dated 1944 and has all original insignia, a filthy interior and signs of wear and damage all over. Far from mint but loads of character. The tam-o-shanter is also Canadian (1940) but did not come with the blouse. I hope you don't mind me tagging this onto this thread - does anyone else have any 5th Division items they'd like to share?

Matthew

WW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress TunicWW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress Tunic
    Can't say I can add anything related to the 5th but this 1942 Dated C.L./C. flashed to the CBH would fit right in with your ensemble great BD Btw..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 5th Canadian Division Battledress Tunic  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast