Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 AAF belt and buckle ?

Article about: Hello gent's, I'm trying to finish off my WW2 AAF uniform display and I need to add a belt to it. I am finding Khaki and dark belts and I am also finding different type's of buckle's. Could

?

Default WW2 AAF belt and buckle ?

Hello gent's,
    I'm trying to finish off my WW2 AAF uniform display and I need to add a belt to it. I am finding Khaki and dark belts and I am also finding different type's of buckle's. Could somebody help me out and show or tell me which one's would be correct for this pair of trouser'sWW2 AAF belt and buckle ?

Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Default Re: WW2 AAF belt and buckle ?

The trousers you have are officers pinks and would go with an officers belt here are pictures for comparison.
    WW2 AAF belt and buckle ?
    There are generally 2 shades of canvas "green" used in WWII by the US OD3 (similar to khaki) and OD7 which is the dark green. OD(olive drab)3 was used for most of the war and in late 1944/45 OD7 started to make its way to the front.
    If I were you I would get an OD3 officers belt, far right in the picture. These belts were labeled officers in the book but they were also issued to EM for class A and B (Khaki) uniforms.

?

Thank you very Much Ben,
    Those were the colors and the types of belts and buckle's I was finding!!!
    Take care
    Semper Fi
    Phil

No problem Phil, glad to help