Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniforms

Article about: I was given this jacket as a gift from my grandparents. They had reseaved it from a vfw because the people at the vfw know I love ww2 items. I could not find anything about the collar pins.

Default Ww2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniforms

I was given this jacket as a gift from my grandparents. They had reseaved it from a vfw because the people at the vfw know I love ww2 items. I could not find anything about the collar pins. Anyone know anything about this jacket? Also had a ww1 German iron cross in one of the pockets.
    Ww2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniformsWw2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniformsWw2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniformsWw2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniformsWw2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniformsWw2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniforms

Also forgot. It had a book of ww2 planes with it and there was a book mark on the page with the Lockheed p38 g that said in bad hand writing something about the plane. Can’t read it though.
    Last edited by BattleOfTheBulge25; 10-24-2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Not all information

?

Looks like somebody tried to dress it up . it's a enlisted man's jacket with Lieutenant bars added to it. I have the patch that matches the pins. I believe it's for transport . Gary I will look later.

?

US Army Air Corp communication insignia . Like I said I have the patch somewhere. Gary

You have a very nice US Army enlisted mans tunic from pre WW2 era. This would be an m1938-39 uniform coat. The hooks that you show are for a belt that would have also been worn with this uniform. Prior to WW2 this uniform served as both a dress uniform and a field uniform. With America's entry into WW2 they suddenly saw the need to design a combat uniform and the HBTs (Herringbone twill) uniforms and other combat uniforms were developed. This 4 pocket dress uniform remained in service until 1945ish when it was universally replaced with the more common and popular 2 pocket Ike or Eisenhower Jacket. The Ike Jacket was more common in the European Theater and many returning vets wore the Ike Jacket when coming home from Europe. On the other hand, many Pacific theater veterans wore their 4 pocket dress uniforms similar to the one you pictured upon arrival back to the states from the Pacific Theater to include the CBI (China Burma India) Theater of Operations.

As mentioned by our esteemed member RH1941, Officer insignia was added. This is not correct. Remove the officer insignia and you have a legitimate enlisted uniform

Smitty

If possible show us the WW1 Iron cross please..

Smitty

Here is some history about the unit crest/patch that RH1941 was mentioning..

The US Army Airways and Communications Service..

Smitty

ARMY AIRWAYS COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM UNITS

I have the iron cross in my German display. Here’s some photos. Will take the pin off
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniforms   Ww2 air Corp unknown unit pins on uniforms  

The suspension loop (ring) on your Iron cross has a number stamp/makers mark. If you can tell what the number or lettering is, it could reveal the manufacturer of the Iron Cross. It looks like you have some nice items..

Smitty

There does not appear to be any shoulder patches on this jacket. Is that correct? Can you make out the writing inside? Might be able to ID it.

Here is my Army Airways Communications System Ike:

Army Airways Communications System