Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 American Field Service officer uniform

Article about: Just wanted to show another American Field Service uniform in my collection. This one was obtained from Bay State Militaria and belonged to Lieutenant Louis Gerard Paine of ME-26. Lt. Paine

Default WW2 American Field Service officer uniform

Just wanted to show another American Field Service uniform in my collection. This one was obtained from Bay State Militaria and belonged to Lieutenant Louis Gerard Paine of ME-26. Lt. Paine later oversaw the operation of the AFS Club in Naples which was utilized as a transit point for those heading to or returning from their units as well as for R & R. Shown here is Lt. Paine's khaki bush jacket displaying the American Field Service patch and AFS shoulder insignia as well as sterling AFS collar insignia. His British made cap bears a sterling AFS cap badge and his initials LGP.WW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniformWW2 American Field Service officer uniform

?

Rare items indeed.

Thank you. The AFS were an interesting group. Early in WW2 they offered their services to the French and after that to the British. As in WW1, many were wealthy and from prominent families and graduates of Harvard, Yale and other Ivy League universities. They were later joined by conscientious objectors and many 4F's who were rejected from military service in the US military but who wanted to serve.

MAP
    ?

Very nice and interesting service.

I have a WW1 Adrian AFS helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you. I would love to see a picture of that AFS Adrian helmet sometime.

MAP
    ?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Awesome helmet and a fascinating and informative thread. Thanks for sharing.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Glad you found it helpful

That is an awesome AFS uniform! A rare find!

- War Collector

Thank you. Rather than continuing to accumulate items with no specific focus, I am trying (with some difficulty) to specialize, reduce and consolidate my collection. The American Field Service is one of those areas I have chosen to concentrate on.
    Regards, Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast