MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Navy Chaplains uniform USS OKLAHOMA CITY

Article about: This is a nice uniform set that belongs to a navy chaplain who was on the USS OKLAHOMA CITY. I also got his cruise book and others. Here's the history of the Oklahoma City, information by Wi

Default WW2 Navy Chaplains uniform USS OKLAHOMA CITY

This is a nice uniform set that belongs to a navy chaplain who was on the USS OKLAHOMA CITY. I also got his cruise book and others.
    Here's the history of the Oklahoma City, information by Wikipedia.

"USS Oklahoma City (CL-91/CLG-5/CG-5) was one of 27 United States Navy Cleveland-class light cruisers completed during or shortly after World War II, and one of six to be converted to guided missile cruisers. She was the first US Navy ship to be named for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Commissioned in late 1944, she participated in the latter part ot the Pacific War in anti-aircraft screening and shore bombardment roles, for which she earned two battle stars. She then served a brief stint with the occupation force. Like all but one of her sister ships, she was retired in the post-war defense cutbacks, becoming part of the Pacific Reserve Fleet in 1947."

He may of served in the Korean War also. Did not send for his records.

WW2 Navy Chaplains uniform  USS OKLAHOMA CITYWW2 Navy Chaplains uniform  USS OKLAHOMA CITY

Inside of visor cap
    WW2 Navy Chaplains uniform  USS OKLAHOMA CITY

WW2 Navy Chaplains uniform  USS OKLAHOMA CITYWW2 Navy Chaplains uniform  USS OKLAHOMA CITY

Jason

?

Default Re: WW2 Navy Chaplains uniform USS OKLAHOMA CITY

Great uniform . Chaplins uniforms are hard to find.

?

Fine uniform set! I like chaplain's uniform, they're so uncommon among military stuff! Great!

Amazing! I would really like to add any chaplain stuff to my collection they are hard to find let alone a nice matching collection. Thanks for sharing please share more if you have any! -Ben