Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!

Article about: Afternoon chaps, I have at long last completed my WW2 period Royal Observer Corps uniform. I could not find a suitable "dummy" other than myself to model it so that's what you have

Default WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!

Afternoon chaps, I have at long last completed my WW2 period Royal Observer Corps uniform. I could not find a suitable "dummy" other than myself to model it so that's what you have got! The Battledress trousers are dated 1943, the Battledress blouse is 1942 and the Beret is a 1944 example. It is all "topped off" with the super rare unit flashed MKII helmet to the ROC. Leon.WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!WW2 OBSERVER CORPS UNIFORM(now complete)!!

An unusual thing to see and a very impressive set, well done!

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    An unusual thing to see and a very impressive set, well done!
    Douglas how can you say that about our Leon.take no notice Bud,you look great,and i'm amazed the period clothing fits,especially as they were generally smaller in those days..........

Looks great, congratulations in completing your project!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Douglas how can you say that about our Leon.take no notice Bud,you look great,and i'm amazed the period clothing fits,especially as they were generally smaller in those days..........
    Thanks chaps, your kind words are most appreciated. I have to be honest and say that I have spent a small fortune getting this lot together, and as rare as it is, it is a uniform that I guess most would over look, but as I was in the ROC 1990 until the stand down in 1991, a genuine WW2 uniform was something that I have "aspired" to getting. Jake my friend, you are quite correct in pointing out that people in Europe were generally smaller "back in the day" but as I am a short a+*e the fit is perfect!! Leon.

P.S: I am on the look out for a period RAF shirt if anyone spots one as the one I am wearing is my old issue shirt! Leon.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Looks great, congratulations in completing your project!
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn, having read many of your threads over the years I think we both understand how long and expensive it can be when you are looking for something away from the "larger" units. Leon.

Excellent project and Very well done indeed! I would suggest, however, that you might want to have the uniform Pressed as it seems to be abit "mussed"...or maybe it's just the mannequin that it's on?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Excellent project and Very well done indeed! I would suggest, however, that you might want to have the uniform Pressed as it seems to be abit "mussed"...or maybe it's just the mannequin that it's on?
    Thanks William, the uniforms fine, it's just that I am shaped like a broken bag of potatoes! Leon.

You look the part - the uniform fits very well.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast