Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww2 or postwar hbt frogskin suit

Article about: Can you please post the 13 star that's on the camo HBT uniform. p.s. I notice some rips and tears on the uniform from the first photo above. Regards, Taka

Default ww2 or postwar hbt frogskin suit

Hello, I have been meaning to get one of these camo suits but have never gotten the chance yet. After looking at this one it seems ww2 with the 13 star buttons and it being reverseable but some stuff stuck out to me as not being ww2. Did they use zippers on the suits? This doesnt seem right to me but you never know! thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 or postwar hbt frogskin suit   ww2 or postwar hbt frogskin suit  

ww2 or postwar hbt frogskin suit  

Hi Dan yes they had a long zipper for quick removal for toilet business,normally referred to as "one piece hbt camouflage jungle suit"

ok, thanks. How much do you think these jumpsuits go for. This one looks like the colors are not faded at all and there is only one small hole/tear. I just dont want to overpay.

Original one piece and two piece vary in price on ebay there between $250-$500,lot of cash im afraid but may get lucky elsewhere,good luck in finding one.............

ok, thanks. this one is a little more then $300 but i know the proce of this stuff will only go up!

?

It is also missing the internal suspenders. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

is the suspension hard to find?

?

It is sewn to the inside of the coverall. They were removed from those coveralls. Other than that and (to me) the cost for something not complete, they are nice. I have 5 pair of coveralls. 1 has the suspenders. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

These are WWII army coveralls. I have a complete unissued example, the spec tag is present and I think it reads Coverall, Jungle. Size 36. Dated 1943.
    They were not design to be reversible, that's the main difference between Army and U.S.M.C HBT camo uniforms.
    I don't think they have 13 Star Buttons. They are smooth pressed stud buttons.

Here is another example (suspenders removed) for your reference.

The Collector's Guild

Regards,
    Taka

there are smooth buttons as well as 13 star buttons in the other pictures provided, would this be army instead of usmc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast