Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 US 1st Inf Div Jacket

Article about: The soldiers didn't go by regulations all the time on that... I have a picture of my grandfather with his CIB on the pocket below his ribbons as well. Also if I am not mistaken the purple he

The soldiers didn't go by regulations all the time on that... I have a picture of my grandfather with his CIB on the pocket below his ribbons as well. Also if I am not mistaken the purple heart should be ahead of all the other ribbons. I am like you though... I leave them as found. It also looks like 2 campaign stars and a spearhead... So it seems he took part in one invasion. Really neat yard sale find. Cudos to your wife!

?

Yes, Nathan, your observations are correct. I have seen photos of vets with ribbons in the wrong order, upside down, and on the pocket flap. I think most returning vets didn't care about regs. My own grandfather served in combat in the ETO and had the five most basic service medals. Yet, when he came home, he didn't have a single ribbon on his uniform. He didn't care, he just wanted out. I do have a good wife. Thanks, Rob.

Two very nice Jackets indeed well done Rob and Taka on your acquisitions...........

Thank you, Jake.

Cheers!
    Taka

A couple of nice US uniforms gents timothy

cib was worn on the pocket until an actual reg came out you see a lot of airborne uniforms this way.

?

Great jackets gent's

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2