Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 US experimental camo smock

Article about: Is there any knowledge about this camo pattern? It is said it is a US WW2 experimental design. Probably not issued in any numbers. It was used, on a small scale in the late forties, by Dutch

?

Default Re: WW2 US experimental camo smock

Im going to bow to the more experienced and the guys who have first hand knowledge of these paras, tomorrow im going to specsavers and kick the girls arse who sold me these damn glasses,cheers Dave!!!!

ian
    ?

DAVE ,,,LOL £3.00 for 2 pairs in asds im as blind as you mate ,it wasnt until i saw the pics of the berrets and badges that i stopped questioning my self LOL mate cheers ian

Thanks for your compliments Ian.

An interesting photo, but I don't recognise the camo either, sorry.

Cheer, Ade.

ILH
    ?

Hi Emille,

I can't offer anything conclusive, but your tale fits the facts from the US side of things.
    The US did experiment with lots of camo during the war. Apart from the mistake in Europe, it was mostly used in the Pacific by the USMC. A lot of it was unpopular- diarhoea in a one piece suit!

So I can see the cash strapped Dutch adopting/adapting it.... Is the chap on the far left wearing ordinary US camo?

Sure i saw some in the 1980s (lightweight cloth like a bed sheet, very simple cut) but thought it was Belgian so left it- doh!

jim.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reaction. The chap on the left wears ordinary US camo. Probably the one piece suit was cut in two. You remarked on the advisability already! The special forces also wore a camo uniform produced in-counrty. Production was low. I believe they were of the US pattern and had some more green in it.

Cheers,
    Emile

Henrik Clausen of Camouflage uniforms of the world sent me this picture. Maybe the colours and pattern ring a bell with someone?

Cheers,
    Emile
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US experimental camo smock  

Kees
    ?

The first foto is lt Antoinettie of the 1st Para cie. in Nethelands Indie. He worn a Experimantal US army camouflage smock. The US Army send it to Indie in 1947.
    The last foto of the smock is the smock in my collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2