Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found

Article about: I would like to share my most recent addition to the "US" ww2 side of my collection. While visiting my fiances family this past week, I was given a B-11 USAAF jacket which was her

?

Default WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found

I would like to share my most recent addition to the "US" ww2 side of my collection. While visiting my fiances family this past week, I was given a B-11 USAAF jacket which was her grandfathers who served in WW2. I was told he was involved with B-17's during the end of the war but I was unable to get his division or bomber group as her family doesn't know too much about the war.

The jacket is in pretty great shape but smells pretty musky from being in an attic. It is a HEAVY jacket with maybe Wool? lining. i was told the hood lining was made from Alpaca fur. I like that it has a strap that covers the face lined with fur as well. It also has a stamped patch that reads "Army Air Forces". There are tightening straps around the hood and sleeves for a secure fit. I think its a neat jacket and I do not have anything like it in my collection....so it was a cool addition! One thing is for sure.....it is meant to keep you WAAARRMM!! I hope you like it and please feel free to leave ANY comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found   WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found  

WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found   WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found  

?

Default Re: WW2 USAAF B-11 type Jacket Found

the only thing that i found wrong with it is::: in the pockets i found 4 buttons which had fallen off the front of the coat. So luckily my fiance is an expert sewer and can put them back on it without any problems! I hope!

Also, i noticed that the pictures ive shown make the jacket seem a lighter green....but it is actually closer to an OD green. (darker)

Nice jacket, uncommon too!

Really nice jacket!! It looks like its in really fine condition.

?

thanks alot guys. I dont know too much about it unfortunately. Its in great condition, and I finally got my fiance to sew the buttons back on with "OD" colored thread. It's kinda out of place with my whole collection. haha But I love anything to do with ww2, so I cannot discriminate.

?

Any WWII flight jackets are good to own. They don't seem to bring what leathers do but are just as hard to find. I like it.
    Steve

A very cool jacket for sure! Even if it is out of place in your collection, almost everything from ww2 is something special, IMO.

Regards,
    Finn

?

Does anyone have any idea of what flight pants are supposed to match this? Is it A-10 or A-11 style?? Ive seen some pictures with this jacket being worn with the A-10 pants w/ suspenders....but I dont know too much about this stuff, only what I have researched. Any help would be Great! I think it would be kinda neat to search for a pair of original pants to try and make a manican display with it. If I cant find a pair of flight pants, it will be pretty difficult to display seeing as it is pretty big and heavy. haha