Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Australian KD battle dress blouse

Article about: A recent purchase and something I have never come across, possibly quite unattested. A khaki drill battle dress blouse produce di Australia, and 1944 dated. Oddly looking plastic buttons, co

Default WWII Australian KD battle dress blouse

A recent purchase and something I have never come across, possibly quite unattested. A khaki drill battle dress blouse produce di Australia, and 1944 dated. Oddly looking plastic buttons, composite plastic waist buttons, metal buckles. No mention of such an item in Brayley and Ingram Khaki Drill and Jungle Green, but maybe some member of this forum will know more?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Australian KD battle dress blouse   WWII Australian KD battle dress blouse  

WWII Australian KD battle dress blouse   WWII Australian KD battle dress blouse  

Nothing wrong with it.

The book is good, but by no means comprehensive.

KD has never been completely documented.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

All of the ones I've encountered and own of this pattern where used by the RAAF, but that's only from what I've seen.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-26-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: added pic

Ha I found the guys name for you RAAF
    World War Two Nominal Roll

Nice One Rene!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I could probably safely say that this one here is the army pattern as a comparison

I have seen a few Aussie made KB BD blouses for sale on ebay over the years. I think they were also issued to tankers units, as well as the RAAF that Rene mentioned.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just to support the RAAF pattern theory I forgot that the tags on mine have AF on them, Aussie tags differ immensely in variations

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ha I found the guys name for you RAAF
    World War Two Nominal Roll
    Thank you so much, René, great news!

Completely agree with Rene nice Nsw made Raaf Blouse shame about the buttons .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast