Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Belgian Navy uniform?

Article about: If Marine de l'état Belge it should have epaulettes and two rows of five buttons, of wich only 4 are used to button up. Can't tell you more then thise. If you list it on ebay, I would mentio

Default WWII Belgian Navy uniform?

I volunteer at a local thrift store where I live and we received a military uniform that I am trying to identify. I believe it may be a WWII Belgian Navy uniform – Captain rank, but would like to have some confirmation from someone that is more knowledgeable than I am. There are no other identifying marks on the coat that I can find other then what is shown in the photos. Any help would be appreciated and any information as to its possible value, we have an Ebay group that can list it if it has some value.WWII Belgian Navy uniform?WWII Belgian Navy uniform?

Default Re: WWII Belgian Navy uniform?

Since no one has been able to help me identify this uniform I was wondering if anyone knew of another website or forum that may be able to help me, Thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved this to the uniforms section of the forum. You will have more luck there.

Sorry I cannot help you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Judging by the telphone number, it seems older then WW II.
    Most likely pre WW I ,but i don't think it is military, seems like merchant navy.
    No great value to me.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Naval/maritime insignia is very generic, with most navies and shipping lines wearing very similar outfits.

A picture of the buttons would be more helpful to get an ID.

Rob

I will have some button photos tomorrow, thanks

Here is a button photo, and on the back of the button it says "Marine Belge Deletat"

Also on the front of the coat it appears there were some ribbons that were sewn on, hopefully you can see the threads in the photo.

Does all the buttons show thise "Marine de l'état Belge" mark? Or just one or a few.
    Do the shoulders show any marks of stitchings , if a Marine de l'état Belge it should have had epaulettes.
    The medal ribbons can come on merchant uniforms as well, that tells us not much.
    The "Marine de l'état Belge " was a armed police force that was created in 1866 and was in service until 1914. Serving on the Schelde and the channel.
    It wasn't a military force, however they acted as one....
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I checked 4 buttons and they all had the "Marine de l'état Belge" marking, on Friday I will check all the buttons and the shoulder area. The coat is in excellent condition with almost no signs of wear. Beginning to sound interesting as to what it is and its history.

I checked all the buttons including the small ones on the sleeves and they all say "Marine Belge Deletat"

I could not see any signs of stitching on the shoulders but the coat is in very excellent condition and shows no wear at all if the stitching was removed I am not sure if it would show or not.

So what is the best guess as to what the coat may be?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast